The Vice President of Business Development is guided by the Company’s core values, mission statement and vision. The position requires upper-level management, supervisory, and project management experience, along with a strong commitment to outstanding quality and customer service and the ability to lead by example with honesty, integrity and influence. The Vice President of Business Development performs these services as both an individual contributor as well as by effectively leading, managing, and coaching a team of highly motivated and skilled employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicate and reinforce the Glick Fire core values, mission statement and vision.
- Lead with honesty, integrity and influence.
- Demonstrate by personal example the service excellence and integrity expected from all employees by representing Glick Fire in a professional manner within our company, to the general public, and with other organizations.
- Project and assert a favorable image and culture with employees, customers, and vendors.
- Actively participate in branch, department, employee and leadership meetings.
- Maintain a professional appearance and leadership behavior.
- Recommend new approaches, processes, and procedures to continually improve the efficiency of all Glick Fire facilities.
- Fully functions as a part of the executive leadership team, reporting to the President.
- Collaborate with executive leadership to develop and meet the Company’s goals while supplying expertise and guidance on operations, projects and systems.
- Provide day-to-day leadership and management to the Company that mirrors the core values, mission and vision of the company.
- Lead and support critical projects based on emergent business needs. Structure and execute analyses required to develop recommendations and communicate findings to the executive leadership team.
- Provide supervision, coaching, feedback and development to direct reports.
- Responsible for vendor contract reviews and new vendor reviews and visits.
- Oversee the work of the IT department, monitor and maintain knowledge of emerging technologies and trends, provide backup as necessary.
- Manage building projects.
- Provide oversight and guidance on facility matters, including utility contracts, leases and maintenance.
- Comply with all Company policies as detailed in the Company Handbook.
- Perform other job-related duties within the scope of the job classification as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Principles, methods and practices pertaining to the operation of an apparatus maintenance and repair facility.
- Recordkeeping and reporting procedures including a working knowledge of relevant computer software and hardware.
- Principles and practices of effective performance management, supervision, evaluation and development of employees.
- Principles and practices of exemplary customer service.
- Budget development and expenditure control.
- Keep sensitive information confidential.
- Set a personal example of the highest integrity.
- Make effective and timely decisions in ambiguous situations or where data is limited.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the connection between transparency, corporate culture and business results.
- Lead an organization that fosters collaboration, trust, openness, integrity and respect.
- Demonstrate ability to lead change initiatives.
- Foster a diverse and inclusive workplace that enables all participants to contribute to their full potential in pursuit of Company objectives.
- Demonstrate problem-solving, analytical, critical-thinking and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrate and promote ethical behavior.
- Set and pursue aggressive goals, demonstrating a strong commitment to Company success and organizing resources to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Collaborate across Company functions; establish and maintain cooperative working relationships, building and working with teams.
- Think creatively and challenge conventional solutions.
- Communicate clearly and concisely orally and in writing, in a variety of circumstances.
- Effectively interpret, implement, and enforce applicable provisions of federal, state, and local laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Review and understand contractual language and its effects on business operations.
In this role we are looking for the following profile:
- Education - High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Leadership Experience - Proven experience with employee and human relations skills, including performance evaluations and initiatives.
- Project Management – Experience with strong priority-setting skills, multitasking, and attention to detail.
- Technology - Proficient computer skills including MS office: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- LIGHT WORK: Lifting 20 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 lbs.
- This role is performed in an office with heavy computer and phone work that requires the ability to communicate verbally and in writing – including frequent talking, hearing, writing, typing, reading, and comprehension. The employee frequently is required to sit, stand, walk, use hands, and reach with arms and hands.
- Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception, the ability to adjust focus
- The work environment is generally indoors in a temperature-controlled office.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually low.
- Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Yes. The position has supervisory responsibilities and is responsible for employee performance management.
- Quarterly travel within the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, up to 10%.
- Occasional overnight travel may be required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Glick Fire retains the right to change or assign other responsibilities at any time with or without notice.
Glick Fire is committed to hiring a diverse and qualified workforce. We will not consider any characteristic or category protected by state or federal law in hiring or employment decisions, including but not limited to race, national origin, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, status as a parent, or genetic information.