The Service Writer’s responsibility will be to act as the main liaison between the customer and the company. The Service Writer is responsible for the proper and efficient flow of paperwork, information and communication internally and externally - through the service department, parts department and with the customer. The Service Writer is also responsible for scheduling and managing the flow of work through the shop. The Service Writer performs these services as both an individual contributor as well as by effectively joining a team of highly motivated and skilled employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicate, reinforce and be a champion of Glick Fire’s core values & vision statement.
- Project and assert a favorable image and culture with employees, customers and vendors.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with customers, to encourage repeat and referral business.
- Facilitate problem resolution, both internally with employees and externally with vendors and customers.
- Maintain high-quality service repairs and minimize call-backs.
- Proactively request assistance from the Branch Manager.
- Recommend new approaches, processes, and procedures to continually improve the efficiency of Glick Fire’s service departments.
- Recommend improvements to ensure a safe working environment for all employees.
- Answer incoming customer phone calls as the first point of contact. Ensure customers are greeted promptly and with respect, either on the phone or in person.
- Assist Branch Manager in maintaining a smooth-running and efficient shop with a high degree of customer satisfaction.
- Schedule and/or coordinate all service work in the Zelienople facility.
- Create work orders in Firelinks for customers and internal service work.
- Import, process & review all repair orders for shop mechanics and mobile technicians.
- Maintain contact with mobile technicians and be aware of workflow.
- Contact customers at the end of the day to give them a progress update and assist customers with times to drop off/pick up vehicles.
- Develop work quotes for Preventive Maintenance pricing and standard service work rates.
- Inspect all apparatus upon drop-off/arrival at the Zelienople facility.
- When needed, handle customer complaints immediately. Escalate to Branch Manager when necessary.
- Actively work together and communicate with Branch Manager as it relates to the scheduling and management of all service work.
- Advise Branch Manager of employee accidents, including facility & equipment damage, and immediately report all incidents to Human Resources.
- Ensure all required technical publications, bulletins, licenses and certifications are current and properly maintained.
- Reliable, motivated and driven to deliver a superior customer experience.
- Excellent customer service and time management skills.
- Flexible, patient and calm when working in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have strong communication skills (verbal and written), interpersonal skills and computer skills.
- Demonstrate ability to work alone, have confidence in decisions, and ability to problem solve including getting assistance when needed.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Must possess a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in the heavy truck industry is preferred.
- General understanding of mechanical and technical terms.
- Must have strong knowledge of Microsoft Office programs – Word, Excel & Access and internet functions.
- PA Commercial Driver’s License (minimum Class B) with air brake & tanker endorsement is preferred. A driver’s license and medical card are required.
- Must have outgoing, friendly personality, superior communication and customer service skills.
- Trustworthy, responsible, organized and detail oriented.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- This role is performed in an office with heavy computer and phone work that requires the ability to communicate verbally and in writing – including frequent talking, hearing, writing, typing, reading, and comprehension. The employee frequently is required to sit, stand, walk, use hands, and reach with arms and hands.
- Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception, the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment is generally indoors in a temperature-controlled office.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Occasional overtime may be required
- No supervisory responsibilities for this position.
- 0% - no travel required for this position
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Glick Fire retains the right to change or assign other responsibilities at any time with or without notice.