The Detailer performs all detailing and graphics work to prepare apparatus for delivery. The Detailer will work alongside other facility employees and customer service employees to achieve optimum efficiency and excellency in customer service, in keeping with the values and vision of Glick Fire Equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicate, reinforce and be a champion of Glick Fire’s core values & vision statement.
- Project and assert a favorable image and culture with employees, customers, and vendors.
- Demonstrate by personal example the service excellence and integrity expected from all employees by representing Glick Fire in a professional manner within our company, to the general public, and with other organizations.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with customers, to encourage repeat and referral business.
- Maintain a professional appearance and behavior.
- Proactively request assistance from manager.
- Report employee commendations or issues to manager.
- Recommend new approaches, processes, and procedures to continually improve the efficiency of the Bird-In-Hand and Zelienople Body Shops and Glick Fire.
- Review each repair order/work order to understand what is needed prior to beginning work on the apparatus.
- Develop appropriate and efficient methods for each job.
- May be some disassembly and reassembly and graphics removal and application, depending on workload.
- Follow proper cleaning instructions for surface preparation to ensure quality graphics installations.
- Install graphics in an efficient manner emphasizing precision, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Retain an inventory of personal tools needed to perform essential tasks and take responsibility to obtain tools needed to perform job duties.
- Disassemble damaged and undamaged parts in preparation of paint and/or body work as needed.
- MUST be proficient in sanding, buffing and polishing fresh and old paint.
- Reassemble apparatus after polishing.
- Ensure proper care, storage and inventory of shop and specialty tools.
- Assist with maintaining all shop equipment.
- Report building and equipment repair needs to manager.
- Complete work orders and timecards in a timely fashion.
- Ensure customers are greeted promptly and with respect.
- Work collaboratively within the company to advance values of teamwork, innovation, customer service, professional development, and meeting challenges.
- Develop respectful and cooperative relationships with co-workers, including a willingness to assist where needed.
- Perform other job-related duties within the scope of this job classification as assigned.
- Perform high-quality work and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction to minimize call-backs.
- Ensure quality control to all vehicles in our care and custody.
- Ensure a clean and safe working environment.
- Maintain and wear all required safety and health personal protective equipment.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Ability to remove and install graphics to company quality standards.
- Ability to work on ladders and small scaffolding.
- Familiarity with cleaning products, paints and tools.
- Ability to disassemble and reassemble heavy duty trucks.
- Strong organizational, communication and collaborative skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, including the ability to maintain composure under stress.
- Must be quality conscious, detail-oriented and pay close attention to accuracy.
- Highly professional, dependable and demonstrated ability to work alone and have confidence in decisions.
- Ability to read, write, comprehend and verbally communicate instructions in English.
- Ability to read and interpret work orders to determine work to be performed.
- Must have full knowledge of quality requirements to produce acceptable finish to Glick Fire standards.
- Ability to perform all operations within acceptable quality and time standards.
We obviously have some key requirements in terms of what we are looking for in an employee. Ideally, you will have the following qualifications – but if you don’t check all of the boxes then we’d still like to hear from you if you think you can clearly demonstrate your ability to excel in the role.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- PA Commercial Driver’s License with air brake & tanker endorsement is preferred, a valid driver’s license is required.
- A minimum of 3 years of detailing experience is strongly preferred.
- An understanding of paint is a bonus as there will be opportunities for paint touch-up work.
- Microsoft Office programs – intermediate skills.
- Effective communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills required.
- Graphics removal and installation experience is a bonus.
- Excellent problem-solving skills required.
- Must be a self-starter and have a high level of personal drive for success.
- Ability to work in a high performance, fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to adapt to and work effectively within a constantly changing environment.
- Ability to take ownership and responsibility.
- Trustworthy, responsible, organized and detailed.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Lifting 50 lbs maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Standing and Walking: Standing for extended periods of time and/or walking distances (1 or more miles).
- Sitting: Ability to work in a seated position for extended periods of time.
- Lifting: Ability to safely lift up to 20 pounds; use proper lifting techniques including bending at the knees.
- Climbing: Ability to ascend 10 ft. or more up ladder(s).
- Manual Dexterity: Ability to perform multiple work activities requiring a significant level of physical and mental coordination and manual dexterity; repetitive tasks.
- Visual: Ability required includes close, distance and depth perception; acuity for driving; reading literature; industry warning signs and instruments; and computer screens.
- Mobility: Ability to operate a motor vehicle, and reach, push, pull, stoop, bend, and squat.
- Reflexes: Ability to quickly and automatically respond to emergency and safety situations.
Work is performed indoors with exposure to noise, vibration, dust, fumes, gases, paint and potentially hazardous and non-hazardous materials. Work is in and around moving vehicles and machinery.
- Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Occasional overtime may be required
- No supervisory responsibilities for this position.
- 0% - no travel required
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Glick Fire retains the right to change or assign other responsibilities at any time with or without notice.
Glick Fire is committed to hiring a diverse and qualified workforce. We will not consider any characteristic or category protected by state or federal law in hiring or employment decisions, including but not limited to race, national origin, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, status as a parent, or genetic information.