The Administrative Assistant is a multifaceted position which is responsible for answering all incoming phone calls, filing, greeting visitors and various office and facility functions, in addition to assisting with processing all service and warranty work orders for the Zelienople location. The Administrative Assistant will work alongside other customer service employees to achieve optimum efficiency and excellent customer service, in keeping with the values and vision of Glick Fire Equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicate and reinforce the Glick Fire core values and vision statement.
- Project and assert a favorable image and culture with employees, customers, and vendors.
- Demonstrate by personal example the service excellence and integrity expected from all employees by representing Glick Fire in a professional manner within our company, to the general public, and with other organizations.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with customers, to encourage repeat and referral business.
- Maintain a professional appearance and behavior.
- Proactively request assistance from manager.
- Report employee issues or commendations to manager.
- Recommend new approaches, processes, and procedures to continually improve the efficiency of all facilities.
- Facilitate problem resolution, both internally with co-workers and externally with vendors and customers.
- Ensure customers are greeted promptly and with respect, either in person or on the phone.
- Answer incoming phone calls in a professional and courteous manner and transfer as needed.
- Greet and welcome visitors and direct them appropriately.
- Maintain confidentiality of organizational information.
- File daily paperwork properly and efficiently.
- Open, mark and distribute all incoming mail.
- Process all outgoing mail by 4:15 p.m.
- Coordinate credit card transactions with the Bird-in-Hand office.
- Maintain new customers and vendors as needed in Firelinks and Peachtree.
- Maintain and organize office supplies and Glick merchandise.
- When needed, support co-workers in the corporate office including accounting, human resources and sales and marketing functions.
- Assist with all service department work orders.
- Maintain and reconcile petty cash, scrap fund and snack money.
- Import timecard entries for all mobile service technicians.
- Maintain and organize EMS and fire apparatus literature.
- General office and receptionist functions, including employee events and overall esthetics inside and outside of the office.
- Develop and recommend new approaches, processes, and procedures resulting in sound fiscal management.
- Work collaboratively within the company to advance values of teamwork, innovation, customer service, professional development and meeting challenges.
- Develop respectful and cooperative relationships with co-workers, including a willingness to assist where needed.
- Perform other job-related duties within scope of this job classification as assigned.
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction, quality work and a professional appearance.
- Demonstrate the ability to work alone and have confidence in decisions.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Basic business data processing principles as applied to financial record keeping.
- Ability to rapidly learn policies and procedures pertaining to the work.
- Active listening skills with excellent phone skills.
- Strong organizational, communication and collaborative skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, including the ability to maintain composure under stress.
- Must be quality conscious, detail-oriented and pay close attention to accuracy.
- Highly professional, dependable and demonstrated ability to work alone and have confidence in decisions.
- Ability to read, write, comprehend and verbally communicate in English.
- Possess excellent customer service skills as well as the ability to perform recordkeeping functions in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ability to perform all operations within acceptable quality and time standards.
We obviously have some key requirements in terms of what we are looking for in an employee. Ideally, you will have the following qualifications – but if you don’t check all of the boxes then we’d still like to hear from you if you think you can clearly demonstrate your ability to excel in the role.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- A minimum of five or more years in an office setting is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office programs – Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills are essential.
- Trustworthy, self-motivated, detail oriented, adaptable and multi-tasker traits are essential.
- Familiarity with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures.
- Must be a self-starter and have a high level of personal drive for success.
- Ability to work independently and function as part of a team.
- Ability to adapt and work effectively within a constantly changing environment.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with customers and teammates and be fluent in both written and spoken English.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- This role is performed in an office with heavy computer and phone work that requires the ability to communicate verbally and in writing – including frequent talking, hearing, writing, typing, reading, and comprehension. The employee frequently is required to sit, stand, walk, use hands, and reach with arms and hands.
- Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception, the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment is generally indoors in a temperature-controlled office.
Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- No supervisory responsibilities for this position.
- 5% - occasional daytime travel
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Glick Fire retains the right to change or assign other responsibilities at any time with or without notice.
Glick Fire is committed to hiring a diverse and qualified workforce. We will not consider any characteristic or category protected by state or federal law in hiring or employment decisions, including but not limited to race, national origin, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, status as a parent, or genetic information.